Friday 13 November 2009

Gladrags & Handbags


Yesterday my regular date at fashion events invited me along to a preview evening of a designer sample sale in Old Bromton Lane.

Now usually I am either too 'financially challenged' to purchase or left unimpressed by sample sales, however this event exceeded my expectaions.

In association with Harpers Bazaar the Gladrags & Handbags event is a three day designer sale of donated clothes and accessories from Burberry, Christian Dior, Christian Louboutin, Yves Saint Laurent and many more.


All proceeds are going towards a magical Christmas Day party for 2000 vulnerable inner-city children with Kids Company charity.

"Kids Company aims to promote and support emotional well-being. Our approach is rooted in attachment theory and a belief in the importance of ’loving care’. "

The evening was bursting with a fashionable crowd vying for 'cheap thrills' with current season designer clothes at high street prices.

The Champagne was flowing which no doubt helped the invited guests to part with a little bit more money than they had initially intended, after all, it was for a great cause.


I had my eye on a Burberry Prorsum jacket which I was astonished to find was originally £2250 sold at £100...well it almost would of been a crime not to!

My pal Rob managed to talk me out of the fringed Louboutin purchase below, which in hindset was probably a good idea!


Sale fever seems to have taken over and I couldn't resist going back to have a peek today, you know incase anything had slipped through the net! I am pleased to say I picked up a bargain pair of stunning suede boots originally £195 bought for £50, an Issey Miyake dress for £50 and a pair of YSL Rive Gauche hight waist trousers for £50- bargains galore!

With new items being added every day it is well worth going over the weekend if you can its at The Music Room, South Molten Lane, London W1K 5AB. Get purchasing for a greater cause, no doubt I'll see you amongst the rails of Dior!

More info on the charity at kidsco.org.uk