Wednesday 18 November 2009

Arctic Monkeys heat up Wembley


The Arctic Monkeys played Wembley Arena last night and having not seen the band before I was anticipating what their live show would offer.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the set list but I was pleased to see they mixed it up well with enough new material to keep it fresh with frequent crowd pleasers such as 'The View from the Afternoon' and the effervescent 'I Bet You look Good on the Dancefloor' guaranteed to get the audience on side.


The sound was awesome and the performance by the band was as tight as it gets but where I feel they let it down was how static they were on stage. I would of liked to have seen them 'rock out' mirroring their lively crowd, at times it was more interesting looking at the growing mosh pits than the guys themselves.

Overall it was a great show but nothing that will stay with me forever such as Muse at the same venue in 2007. What cemented the show's success was a well compiled set list teamed with excellent sound ensuring for the mostpart the band had the crowd eating out of their hands.